1460 BLACK SNOWPLOW WP 815SPB-R24039001
- 1460 -
Get winterized. The fleece-lined 1460 men's boot combines original Docs DNA with high-performance protection against cold weather, including our newest innovation: our DM's WinterGrip sole. Built with grooved cleats with superior traction, grip and durability for solid footing on slippery surfaces, DM's WinterGrip is ideal for snowy days. Even better: it's made with Snowplow, a grit-and-salt-resistant, water-resistant leather that's easy to clean.
- Fleece-lined, to keep feet snug in cold weather
- Original 8-eye silhouette
- High-performance DM's WinterGrip sole, a PVC/Rubber/hybrid sole built with grooved cleats with superior traction, grip and durability on slippery surfaces
- Made with Snowplow, a grit-and-salt-resistant, water-resistant and easy-to-clean version of our classic Crazy horse leather: oil-finished, rugged and distressed
- Secured with a tough, hardwearing Goodyear welt
- Made with all the classic Docs DNA, with grooved edges, visible stitching and a heel-loop featuring embossed rubber
Serious winter footwear.
I've been wearing DMs all year round for more than 35 years. These are THE BEST winter boots they ever came up with. They blazed through Quebec City's ferocious winter, icy sidewalks, minus 25 weather and calcium soaked melted snow with ease. 100% less slippery than usual soles, the wintergrips really ground you in iced conditions. The felt insulation might look thin, but it easily keeps your feet warm even in very cold weather for long stretches of urban walking. I rode my fat bike with them, for an hour in -25 weather, and only then did I feel the cold. Otherwise, they are surprisingly warm. And though spring usually brings thick calcium+salt filled slush/mud, as the snow melts, that totally ruins usual DMs leather, this oily-matte anti-salt treated leather got through it impeccably. Wipe'em a bit and they're like new.
I found my new favorite winter boots!